Monday, May 16, 2016

The path to insanity


Hi there, my name is  Nick Mills and I'm charged with building the displays for team bad decisions. I've been with team bad decisions for three years. I became a member when I filled in for a member that was unavailable at the last minute. But how I became a permanent member was my experience with building big/different displays
        My experience comes from building one of my personal favorite displays. I built display for my terracotta deathwing. The theme of the army is much like that of the real terracotta warriors, they are in charge of guarding for eternity but they are not guarding a country they are guarding a great evil, anyway I digress. The display was to be just a dig site for the terracotta warriors but as the display was being designed my friend and I came up with the idea of making a display and transport case in one. This display has sheet metal under the troops to magnetize too, a lid that I remove to use as a background, and drawers to hold all gaming supplies. The case when closed is an ammo crate. It is a big heavy monster to carry lol. Marcus eventually talked me into creating another addition so that I can add my Knight that goes with the army. 
       Thus the barrel was created. The barrel is an add on that I can setup as the above ground background to the dig site. With this addition I won a couple appearance awards, most notably was bolt guns battles. But these could not prepare me for what was next.  I want to insert a special thanks to my friend Kevin Braat. He is our "laser guy", he has been instrumental in all of his help with many of my precision cut stuff for these displays. He is always willing to help anyone, his contact info is  kabcnccreationsllc@gmail.com. He does charge for labor and materials but is very fair.
         A display that has a 1850 point army in which u have complete control over it versus a 4000 point army that u will not see until April is very big/difficult jump, Especially with marcus building the models lol. I will continue to elaborate in coming posts, as marcus begins to post about his creative process, I think it become apparent why his amazing work can be my headache lol.

That is it for this time, I will continue the story of creating a large team display

No comments:

Post a Comment